[sr-dev] About SIP and TEL uri in SR

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Aug 6 20:22:47 CEST 2009

El Jueves, 6 de Agosto de 2009, Olle E. Johansson escribió:
> > According to some exotic RFC, a proxy should handle a URN URI and
> > translate it into a SIP URI (or route the request to a predefined
> > proxy which handles it). But no specification defines how a HTTP URI
> > should be translated into a SIP URI (or other kind of URI).
>
> Why should it be translated???

I don't remember the details right now, but AFAIR a UAC sends a URN request to
its oubound proxy which routes it to the proxy server handling those kind of
requests. The later proxies translates them into a normal SIP/TEL URI
generating a normal call to a PSTN number (the PSTN emergency number according
for the caller based on his location and so on).

> > But if SR impements HTTP perfect, then I'll configure a SR as HTTP
> > proxy and load balancer XDD
>
> No, but there's a lot of stuff now being implemented in HTTP requests
> in regards to SIP conferencing and SIMPLE.

ops, I didn't read about it.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>