[sr-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Kamailio-Users] TCP supervisor process in Kamailio]

Thu Jul 9 16:18:53 CEST 2009

Hi Andrei!

Thanks for the detailed description, we should put it on the wiki.

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> In async mode the send never blocks (with the same disclaimers as for
> the non-blocking read).  If no "real" send happens for tcp_send_timeout
> (or tcp_connect_timeout if this is a not yet connected connection),
> the connection will be closed, a failure will be reported and the
> destination will be blacklisted. Same thing happens if the per

So, how does send_timeout work in async mode? The write is non-blocking,
that means the kernel accepts the data and the write/send function
returns immediately. Now, the kernel tries to send the data for
send_timeout seconds. If this fails, what happens now? Is there a
callback from kernel to ser or does ser somehow poll if the sending was
successful?

thanks
klaus