[sr-dev] Conflict between libcurl4-gnutls-dev and libcurl4-openssl-dev (Debian)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:32:49 CEST 2009

On 06/23/2009 01:18 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Dienstag, 23. Juni 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > 2009/6/23 Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org>:
> > > and I have seen more such reports. Openssl received lots of speed
> > > optimizations over time, unlike gnutls.
> >
> > So, is it ok if I change the dependencies in Kamailio to require
> > libcurl4-openssl-dev instead of libcurl4-gnutls-dev?
>

> Hi Iñaki,
>

> this would mean that the utils module can't be packaged with
> (official) debian anymore, as the licence of openssl don't allow it.
> This is basically the same problem as with the tls support, which is
> disabled in the debian package as well.
is it inherited in this case? the tls implementation in core of kamailio
is binding directly to openssl library and therefore need for the gpl
disclaimer, but in this case utils binds to curl library.

In sip router this is fixed I guess and tls is shipped with debs --
anyhow, tls is a module in sr, the core is the same.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/