[SR-Dev] git:master: * Moved lcr module from modules_k to modules and removed it from modules_s .

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon May 11 11:13:48 CEST 2009

On 11-05 11:02, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> > Not necessary either, it can work with the old db interface, in case of lcr it
> > does not matter whether we use prepared statements or not because the module
> > works primarily with the memory cache.
>
> But isn't it a step backwards? At some point in the future we'll
> obsolete anyway the old db.

I think it is not. Juha's version of lcr module is much more advanced than the
version we had in ser cvs. Basically, I only kept lcr in ser cvs compilable but
I never tested it (even after the db changed) because we did not use the
module.

Because Juha is the owner of the code, I want him to adopt the version he is
familiar with and when we decide that we continue with migration of kamailio
modules to the new db api then I will either send him a patch or provide a
migration guide.

Because we do not compromise performance in this particular case, it is fine
to stick with the older db api version, to make Juha's life easier (we already
have enough changes to adapt to already).

  Jan.