[sr-dev] Meeting Minutes, Berlin 2009

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Tue Oct 13 12:29:34 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Greger Viken Teigre <gregert at teigre.com> wrote:
> I agree with Juha here.  A development release is not a concept that people
> will understand and releasing k 3.0 on a non-released sr core seems a bit
> odd to me. Isn't there a need for some kind of fixed reference to which
> version of sr core that k 3.0 is based on?! Sounds a bit similar to a linux
> distro being released using a non-released kernel version.
>
> What about at least making an sr 3.0 beta that k 3.0 can be based on and
> then later move towards a release of sr 3.0 "developer/integrator edition"?
> g-)

Although I personally agree, we could not reach an agreement in a
previous email discussion and in the meeting, so we have to
compromise.

The current plan is that Daniel releases next Kamailio from unreleased
sip-router code. After that is done we start working on a sip-router
release (without Daniel's involvement) and release it a bit later.
This way we can get the next Kamailio out of the door and also finish
the initial merge of sip-router.

I guess none of us really like it, but it is a compromise. This only
applies to the next release, we can do it differently for future
releases.

  -- Jan