[sr-dev] SER crash : Segmentation fault

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Sep 28 20:10:47 CEST 2009

On Sep 28, 2009 at 11:02, inge <inge at legos.fr> wrote:
> Hello Andrei,
>
> We need to wait for 0.9.9 ?
>
> Or should we just patch the current 0.9.8 to avoid the bug ?

No, just apply the patch (the same patch will be in 0.9.9).

> Otherwise, do you have an idea of the value we should set for
> "PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE" and avoid a truncate of location to restart SER ?

It depends on your location table size, but having it too big has no
adverse side effects (it doesn't use more physical memory then needed
even if you set it to a high value). I would start with 8 (or 4) Mb and
increase it if you have restart problems (but you could as well use 20
Mb from the start and not worry about it in the future).

Andrei