[sr-dev] CRITICAL:dialog:log_next_state_dlg: bogus event 7 in state 2 for dlg

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Thu Jul 8 19:10:27 CEST 2010

Hey again,

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> I've also found some "bogus event 7 in state 1 for dlg".

Meaning "received a BYE request for a dialog in the 'unconfirmed'
state", i.e., the callee hasn't even replied with a 1xx message.

> It occurs in a server usually processing 500-700 concurrent calls, but
> today the traffic has been increased up to 1000-1200. I didn't see
> these errores before today.

I don't think it's legal to send a BYE request for a call that hasn't
even transitioned to the "early" state, so without further insights I'd
 speculate the UAC to be flawed.

However, if you had any traces at hand I'd be glad to double-check.

Cheers,

--Timo