[sr-dev] PostgreSQL problems with Kamailio_3.0.2

Thu Jun 24 11:18:53 CEST 2010

Am 23.06.2010 22:02, schrieb Klaus Feichtinger:
> According information I found in the PostgreSQL manual, the data type
> "BYTEA" is already representing a postgres-like binary data format.
>
> Excerpt of the documentation
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-binary.html):
> "The bytea data type allows storage of binary strings. [...] The SQL
> standard defines a different binary string type, called BLOB or BINARY
> LARGE OBJECT. The input format is different from bytea, but the provided
> functions and operators are mostly the same."
>
> "Real" BLOB (according SQL definition) is therefore not supported by
> postgres. This page (documentation of binary data types) includes
> examples of literal escaped octets, too. Maybe is is helpful for developers.

That sounds more complex and we still have to use the E'' prefix. I
think it would be easier to just add the E'' prefix to the current code.

But now I wonder what data type is used currently - the recent bug
report on the bug-tracker mentions problems with BLOB, which would
indicate that the body is already saved as BLOB.

IIRC you said you already tried adding the E'' prefixes to the
db_postgresql code. Does this, together with the \0 patch from the
bug-tracker solve your problems?

regards
klaus

regards