[sr-dev] Kamailio 3.1 testing - PRESENCE related stuff

Klaus Feichtinger klaus.lists at inode.at
Tue Oct 5 14:59:47 CEST 2010

Hello,

in the meantime I have done some tests regarding presence and dialog state
information related stuff in combination with PostgreSQL DB engine. In my
test cases presence and dialog-state information was generated by the user
agents themselves, was sent (PUBLISHed) to Kamailio and Kamailio was
responsible for distributing this information to subscribers. The modules
pua / pua_usrloc / pua_dialoginfo were tested rudimentary only.

Tests were done with PostgreSQL version 8.3 (Debian Lenny) and I have
found following items in the current pre-release:
 1) "Not Null" violation is still present in following tables / columns:
       columns sender/extra_headers in table/relation 'presentity'
       columns version/remote_contact/contact/desired_expires/expires in
table / relation 'pua'
   A manual adaption of these attributes is necessary before Kamailio can
insert entries into the database.

 2) the PGSQL patch is still working and the XML body of SIP notify
messages can be built

 3) the so called 'non standard usage of \\ in a string literal [...]'
WARNING regarding the XML body is still present. It seems to make no
problem in this version of PostgreSQL, but AFAIK will  future versions of
PostgreSQL no longer support this 'compatibility' and the body could not
be inserted/read into/from the database.

 4) I wonder why the table "active_watchers" does not have any entry. As I
remember back to release 3.0.0 this table was filled with information
according the "db_update_period", too. Now this table is empty all time.

 5) does it have any influence to the operation of the presence modules
when "not null" information like 'sender' or 'contact' is not present in
the tables? I don't know source code details, but I think it must have a
reason, why these columns were set to 'not null'.

regards,

Klaus Feichtinger