[sr-dev] git:pd/crocodile: module_k/rls: Added support for resource-list indices.

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri Jul 29 10:52:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

We're working on our own local SVN repo here at Crocodile.  By the time
I put stuff into Git it has been pretty well tested here (although I did
make a couple of mistakes with one of the merges).

The reason I put some of the changes into a branch is that they are
quite significant and I wanted to check with the core developers before
putting them into master.

I am happy to merge those new features back into master right away.
Unless anyone has an objection?

There are two more enhancements I am expecting to merge in over the next
few days:
- An enhancement to rls to enable NOTIFY messages sent to clients to be
split into multiple messages.  This mechanism is compatible with the
RFC.  It is needed because a NOTIFY for a large resource-list can be
massive (potentially megabytes in size), but there is a lot of equipment
out there that cannot handle SIP requests over TCP that are that big
(64k is a common limit).
- HTTP preconditions (If-Match: and If-None-Match:) for xcap_server.
This is useful as it enables clients to cache large XML documents
(user-profiles/avatars/resource-lists) and only have to download them
when they have actually changed (using If-None-Match:).  It also helps
with the possible race conditions caused by having two clients connected
at the same time (without using If-Match: it is possible for one to
overwrite changes the other has made).

Peter

On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 08:37 +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Am 28.07.2011 20:24, schrieb Juha Heinanen:
> > Peter Dunkley writes:
> >
> >> module_k/rls: Added support for resource-list indices.
> >>
> >> - That is, support for resource lists that contain references to
> >>   other resource lists.
> >> - This is needed for OMA/RCS compliance.
> >> - Implementation only works with integrated XCAP.
> >
> > peter,
> >
> > i asked about this once and it is great that you have now implemented
> > it.  are you planing to merge your branch to master branch before
> > version 1.7 of sip-router is released?
>
> Version 1.7 of sip-router? Not 3.2?
>
> klaus

Peter Dunkley