[sr-dev] Problem with Presence Server when a contat is deleted from a contact list

laura testi lau.testi at gmail.com
Thu May 5 12:04:22 CEST 2011

Hello,

I’m asking your help because I’m facing with the following issue:

1.       The user A deletes the contact B from its own contact list;

2.       The client sends a XCAP PUT event in order to update the user A
resource- list (removing the contact B) and to remove the watcher A from the
user B presence-rules;

3.      Then the Presence Server, instead of remove the record “A watcher of
B presentity-uri” in the watcher table, changes the status value of  this
record from  Active (1) to Pending (2). So that , correctly, the “pending
record” generates a Notify event against the user B: the authorization
pop-up is shown to the user B as if A had added contact B.

The expected behavior should see the Presence Server removing the record “A
watcher and B presentity-uri” from the watcher table or set the status in a
“terminated” status.

Could you please tell me how to solve this issue?

It’s a known bug?

About the env: Kamailio server v. 3.1.3 as registrar and presence server and
Jitsi Sip Communicator as SIP Client.

Thanks a lot and kind Regards.

laura