[sr-dev] Stale nonce for Authentication

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat May 28 09:11:42 CEST 2011

Martin Hoffmann writes:

> Right. I can live with that. But just to illustrate my point, here is
> how my authentication part looks:
>
>    if (!proxy_authorize("$fd", "subcriber") {
>        proxy_challenge("$fd", "9");
>        drop;
>    }
>
> I don't really see any reason why I would want the switch and cases when
> proxy_challenge() magically does what I want.

operators using my proxy want to know why authentication fails.  it is
very useful information when some user complains that his/her ua is not
able to authenticate and in bigger installations that happens quite
often.

> Okay. That would be a completely different albeit much simpler patch
> than mine.

can i go ahead and try to do it?  if you want, you can then use flag
"16" for whatever more complicated stuff.

-- juha