[sr-dev] error messages even when set_forward_no_connect() is called

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 18:03:40 CEST 2011

On 10/3/11 5:38 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
>> what does the error message mean?  did tm module try to setup tcp
>> session even when i have told it not to do it or is tm spitting out the
>> error messages even when it didn't actually try to send anything?
> i checked from source and it turned out that msg_send() always spits out
> the same error message
>
> msg_send: ERROR: tcp_send failed
>
> it would be nice to have a more descriptive one when tcp connection has
> gone and new one cannot be established because of set_forward_no_connect()
> call.
Some of error log messages can be printed under corelog level, which I
added in order to be able to avoid getting syslog filled for some
non-critical cases such as receiving invalid content:

http://sip-router.org/wiki/cookbooks/core-cookbook/devel?&#corelog

In the sources, just use:

         LOG(cfg_get(core, core_cfg, corelog), "your log message ..." ...);

You can wrap this one in corelog if you feel it is better. I think some
error messages should be printed at higher level only, by the caller of
the core functions, where it is known more about the context of execution.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat