[sr-dev] WebSocket Server support in Kamailio master

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Mon Jul 9 19:14:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

sipML5 is using HTTP by default, not HTTPS.

All WebSocket frames from clients (so from a browser to Kamailio) are
masked and you can't just read them.  I believe that there is code in
the Wireshark repo to de-mask WebSocket frames - but it hasn't made it
into a release yet.

All WebSocket frames from servers (so from Kamailio to a browser) are
unmasked, so you can read them in Wireshark (but they don't get decoded
as SIP).

Regards,

Peter

On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 18:48 +0300, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Peter Dunkley writes:
>
> > I have no idea about the specifics of that test.  It's not something
> > I've ever used.  But, the sipML5 client does send quite large INVITEs,
> > so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were larger than 4096 bytes.
>
> when i tried to print the invite message using $mb pseudo variable, i got
>
> Jul  9 18:30:34 siika /usr/sbin/sip-proxy[25265]: ERROR: <core> [pvapi.c:1252]: no more space for spec value
> Jul  9 18:30:34 siika /usr/sbin/sip-proxy[25265]: ERROR: <core> [pvapi.c:1261]: buffer overflow -- increase the buffer size...
>
> i then tried to see the invite message using wireshark, i don't see
> decrypted requests, but only replies.  have you managed to make sipML5
> to use http instead of https?
>
> -- juha

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director