[sr-dev] notify cseq is not incremented

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Wed May 2 11:23:42 CEST 2012

OK.

Well the fix I am doing will completely alter the mechanism for
generating NOTIFYs when subs_db_mode is DB only and a couple of other
parameters are set.  However, I am deliberately leaving the existing
behaviour unchanged for other modes.  So it sounds like there is a
problem here, but not one my work will fix.

Peter

On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 12:15 +0300, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Peter Dunkley writes:
>
> > There are lots of CSeq race conditions when subs_db_mode is DB only.  I
> > am working on adding separate notifier processes to presence which,
> > amongst other things, will fix this.
>
> peter,
>
> nice to hear.  in my test i had not set subs_db_mode, which means
> Write-Back scheme. also, i don't think that in this test race conditions
> play any role, because time difference between the two notifies was 19
> seconds. looks to me the this bug is of more fundamental nature.
>
> -- juha

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director
Crocodile RCS Ltd