[sr-dev] git:master: modules/tm: Added branch_failure event route to tm documentation

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Apr 9 12:08:17 CEST 2013

Hugh Waite writes:

> The config syntax has not been changed to treat the branch_failure route
> differently, so it does not understand about the BRANCH_FAILURE route type.
> Functions that are run in an event_route need to have the EVENT_ROUTE
> flag enabled (which is the same as REQUEST_ROUTE) to pass the config
> syntax check.

ok, but there still exists BRANCH_FAILURE_ROUTE flags in tm.c, e.g.

	{"t_check_status",     t_check_status,          1, fixup_t_check_status,
			REQUEST_ROUTE | FAILURE_ROUTE | ONREPLY_ROUTE | BRANCH_FAILURE_ROUTE},

why is that and why does the flag exists?

do you see any problems in adding EVENT_ROUTE flag to t_branch_timeout
and t_branch_replied functions or would that require changing the
implementation of these two functions?

in my opinion, it would be very useful to be able to check in branch
failure route those two branch related things.

-- juha