[sr-dev] Kamailio at SIPit 30

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Feb 20 17:28:26 CET 2013

2013/2/20 Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com>:
> I would like to point out that the default TCP buffer size in Kamailio has
> nothing to do with the Kamailio WebSocket implementation.  So far (I may
> regret saying this) no-one at SIPit has actually pointed out any bugs in the
> Kamailio WebSocket stack itself ;-)

Sure, I did not mean the opposite ;)
I just mean that, at some point, there was some kind of problem and I
told browser vendors to use my server in "Tryit JsSIP" application
(since it has a heavily tested OverSIP + Kamailio infrastructure). I
should re-read the entire chat, maybe I am wrong and the issue was not
related to the TCP buffer (too much activity yesterday, too much
parallel chats in both XMPP and SIP-over-WS lands, too much hot
commits to JsSIP to help in Firefox's WebRTC implementation...). :)

> I agree that the buffer size should be increased because any "modern" INVITE
> with lots of ICE candidates and different m-lines and codec options will
> easily exceed the default of 4kb for TCP or TLS.

Let me a question: does not the TCP buffer size affect to the WS
module? This is, if I send via SIP over WS or MSRP over MSRP a very
big WebSocket messsage (i.e. an ISO image) does it not deal with
Kamailio's TCP buffer settings?

Cheers.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo