[sr-dev] Registrar lookup function - check for local socket before path

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 21:19:07 CEST 2013

On 9/14/13 8:32 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Charles Chance writes:
>
>> Yes, we could use a separate table for each registrar and replicate
>> registrations to all of them. But we still need to add Path to ensure
>> invites etc go via the server each client used to register (due to client
>> NAT). And if that is local to the lookup, it still makes sense to ignore
>> the path as it is itself.
> load_contacts() automatically prioritizes contacts so that one without
> path has higher priority.  so, no changes are needed to current code.
 From what I understood, all records in location will have a Path
header, added with the local IP of the server that handled the REGISTER.
So load_contacts() priority on non-path records doesn't help.

The concept could be useful in some cases, maybe the patch should be
sent here or on the tracker and if it doesn't add to complexity, can be
incorportated and a module option.

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -