[sr-dev] Kamailio 3.3.5: Possible memory leak in select framework?

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Tue Feb 18 12:31:33 CET 2014

Am Montag, 17. Februar 2014, 11:40:07 schrieb Pawel Kuzak:
> We are running Kamailio 3.3.5 as a Registrar service. We wanted to
> increase some logging, so we inserted the following lines into our
> configuration file:

>   # log failed registration
>   route[LOG_REG_DENIED]{
>    xlog("L_ERR","md=REGISTER, s=DENIED, n=$tU,
> ct=$sel(contact.uri.hostport), v=$sel(via[1].host)");
>   }
>
>   # log successful registration
>   route[LOG_REG_SUCCESS]{
>    xlog("L_ERR","md=REGISTER, s=OK, n=$tU,
> ct=$sel(contact.uri.hostport), v=$sel(via[1].host)");
>   }

Hello Pawel,

maybe you've already tried this. But have you recompiled on a test system with
memory debugging enabled in the Makefile.defs and then a proper memlog
parameter in the cfg file set?
http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/3.3.x/core#memlog

Then you could execute the code in question and see if after N executions you
see N times the memory allocated. The output of the command and how to get it
is described here
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:memory
you should be able to see the place in the code where its allocated (and
probably not freed).

Regards

Henning Westerholt