[sr-dev] Renaming a module

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Fri Mar 21 17:04:56 CET 2014

Hello,

We're slowly getting ready for a new major release of mediaproxy-ng
(3.x), which will include some exciting new features, most importantly
much improved support for WebRTC. To support those features, rtpproxy-ng
needs to support additional flags for the offer/answer functions.

Since we're slowly running out of flag letters :) we'd like to take this
opportunity to revamp the flag handling within the module, break
backwards compatibility with the original rtpproxy module interface, and
rename both rtpproxy-ng and mediaproxy-ng (starting with version 3.0) to
rtpEngine, in an attempt to clean up the unfortunate naming conventions
between the two.

So, my question is if there's any particular procedure that should be
followed in order to achieve this renaming of a module? Or if it would
be better to leave the old module in place and just add a new module?

Cheers