[sr-dev] KAZOO - a good name choice?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:47:42 CEST 2014

Hello,

the topic was discussed before a bit. My opinion was that with current
content in the module, the name is ok.

It is not a generic connector for a message queue, but has wrapper
functions that work on top of presence modules to exchange messages via
a message queue.

I think that the module can be eventually split in a generic
what-so-ever message queue, then kazoo stays only with the wrapper
functions needed to build messages and spread them to other kazoo
instances, binding internally to the new message queue module to use it
for sending/receiving.

But it is too late for 4.2 to start moving a lot of code around. Should
be a goal for the following major release.