[Serusers] SIP_DOMAIN and myself

Dinesh feedbak at imelhk.com
Wed Apr 16 17:19:01 CEST 2003

Hi All

I am new to Linux as a whole so forgive be if some of this should be
obvious

1.  I have set my domain in the cfg file but I have not set up the
relevant DNS server entries and a reverse DNS on my IP will not yield
the domain I have set.  I reference the SER using the IP in my SIP
device is this OK.

2.  Does the above have any consequence  for "uri==myself"

3.  Setting the Environment variable SIP DOMAIN - is this something I
should be doing every time I use serctl or should I be putting it is a
start up file somewhere.

4.  Lastly what is digest authentication - and when would I need it.  (I
have set up mysql and persistence)

Thanks,
Dinesh