[Serusers] Problem creating mysql database

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Thu Dec 4 14:32:05 CET 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 14:26, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> [...]

Ohh, sorry. Seems i read not carefully enough.
But what was the output of '/usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create'? If there is no Ser
database after this command, i assume that there was some kind of error
message as result of the command.

> > > But the mySQL management tool command "SHOW DATABASES"
> >
> > shows only two
> >
> > > databases mySQL and test, where I also expected ser.
> > > When I issue the mySQL management tool command "SELECT *
> >
> > FROM USER" I get
> >
> > > the error "ERROR 1046: No database selected"
> > >
> > > Has anyone an idea what I can do?
> > > Is the problem caused by the ignored inconsistencies of
> > > libmysqlclient.so.1x?
> >
> > Sorry that i have to say: RTFM.
> > It is no where mentioned that the installation of the rpm
> > also creates the
> > databases. That would IMHO often end in a real disaster.
> > After you installed the rpm's you have to create the required
> > database with
> > the ser_mysql.sh script.
>
> To me it looks like as Franz already started the script.
>
> I also suggest compiling from source - never had any problems, and you
> never have conflicts because of wrong library versions.

Anyway, that the database does not exists is no problem of the wrong lib,
because as the name allready says ser_mysql.sh is a shell script which is
independed of the lib. You could only encounter problems when you try to
start Ser with MySql database configured, if the lib does not match.

Regards
  Nils