[Serusers] Debug information

Jim Burwell jimb at jsbc.cc
Tue Dec 16 22:42:30 CET 2003

Jiri Kuthan wrote:

>At 08:53 PM 12/16/2003, Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
>

>>On Tuesday 16 December 2003 20:39, Rick Gocher wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,  please accept my apologies for asking the same questions.  I have read
>>>through the sip tutorial, faqs and other docs with little success.  In my
>>>ser.cfg I have uncommented these lines below (www_autorize) and once again
>>>get unauthorized user when attempting to register with the ATA and Xten.  I
>>>have placed coptalk.com and sip.coptalk.com in the auth area of ser.cfg
>>>with the same results.  In addition, I have tried changing my UID on the
>>>ATA from Rick, to Rick at coptalk.com and Rick at sip.coptalk.com, all with bad
>>>results.  When I do a serctl show Rick it returns the following;
>>>+----------+------------------+-----------+---------------------+
>>>
>>>| username | domain           | grp       | last_modified       |
>>>
>>>+----------+------------------+-----------+---------------------+
>>>
>>>| Rick     | sip.coptalk.com | free-pstn | 2003-12-07 16:56:29 |
>>>| Rick     | sip.coptalk.com | local     | 2003-12-07 16:07:13 |
>>>
>>>+----------+------------------+-----------+---------------------+
>>>
>>>This means there is a user named Rick and he should be able to register,
>>>right?
>>>

>>First of all serctl has no command 'show <username>'. From the output i guess
>>you ran 'serctl acl show Rick'. But this is something completly different,
>>and thus the output above does not mean that you are allowed/able to register
>>with your server.
>>Unfortunately there is no serctl command to check if the user is available in
>>the subscriber table.
>>

>Fortunately, there is such ;)
>
>"serctl showdb jiri" works.

There's also another tool I've found very convenient to look through
SER's databases:  MySQL Control Center, or mysqlcc.  It allows you to
just point and click your way around SERs tables.  Very nice.  It's
available on the MySQL web site.

- Jim

|         Jim Burwell - Sr. Systems/Network/Security Engineer, JSBC         |
| "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." - Mark Twain   |
| "UNIX was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things, because |
|  that policy would also keep them from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn  |
| "Cool is only three letters away from Fool" - Mike Muir, Suicyco          |
| "..Government in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst     |
|  state an intolerable one.." - Thomas Paine, "Common Sense" (1776)        |
|   Email:  jimb at jsbc.cc                              ICQ UIN:  1695089     |
|  Reply problems ?  Turn off the "sign" function in email prog.  Blame MS. |