[Serusers] sems - answ_machine fails with "signal 17 received"

Ulrich Abend ullstar at iptel.org
Mon Jul 28 16:14:33 CEST 2003

Hello Klaus,

I could reproduce the problem with the session cleaner, what I did not get is
the CTRL-C segfault problem. It would be very helpful if you could update
your cvs again and create a core dump of this if you can reproduce it.

Enter
ulimit -c unlimited
before starting sems, this enables core dumps to be written. If sems ends with
"signal 17 received" a file named core-XXX should be created. Then tar the
whole anwer_machine directory and send it to serhelp at lists.iptel.org. Thanks.

I will address these problems as soon as I have some time...

In the meanwhile you might want to use the stable branch, which is known to
work quite well. You have to get the SER *and* SEMS stable branch.

mv sip_router sip_router.unstable
cvs co -r rel_0_8_11 sip_router

mv answer_machine answer_machine.unstable
cvs co -r ser_rel_0_8_11 answer_machine

Regards,

Uli.