[Serusers] Multiple Registrations

Juha Heinanen jh at lohi.eng.song.fi
Wed Mar 19 16:02:33 CET 2003

Ricardo Villa writes:

 > You are absolutely right about  "exiting" the UA agent (our UA agent works
 > fine).  But not everybody in the network is going to go through the menu and
 > click "log out" every time.  Some people will close it, or some people might
 > drop their dial-up connection and redial again right away.

even if you close the UA window, it should still unregister.  droping of
connection wihtout the user doing so is of course another thing that
very little can be done about.

 > I am just trying to eliminate this scenario as a potential problem.

but at the same time you are removing an extremely valuable feature of
sip, i.e., allowing several parallel registrations and forking to them.

may be i didn't understod what the problem actually is.  if i have two
registrations for the same uri and one of them is not valid anymore,
then, due to forking, the valid one will receive the requests anyhow.

-- juha