[Serusers] forwarding unanswered call - once more

Tirpák Miklós mtirpak at sztaki.hu
Tue May 20 10:44:06 CEST 2003

Hi Jiri,

Thank you, the example confing of nathelper will be good for me, and i will also
try Jan's suggestion. The backup gateway has been not configured yet, so i will
try it a bit later.

The reason i am interesed in the status code of negative replies:

We have to differentiate the following cases:

1) The gateway works well, but every E1 channel is in use.
2) Some (or all) E1 are out of service
3) The gateway is not responding
4) The negative replay was casued by the isdn provider (unknown number, busy,
they have an error ...)
and so on...

The architecture:

PSTN provider

-------------- isdn  ---------------
| university |-------| isdn/sip gw |
--------------       ---------------

                      ---------------
other universities---|    SER      |
                      ---------------
                        /      \
        -----------------  -----------------
        | 1.sip/isdn gw |  | 2.sip/isdn gw |
          PSTN provider       PSTN provider

If the 1. gw returns a negative replay we have to decide what to do:
try the 2. one, or pass the replay back to the caller. The universities also
have their own connection with a PSTN provider, but the prices are different (in
general higher). So the question is when to allow the university to use it's own
backup line.

Miklos