[Serusers] exec module question

Greg Fausak lgfausak at august.net
Tue Oct 28 05:07:06 CET 2003

Jiri,

I've got a bit more basic a question.
In the exec_s3.cfg file in examples, the statement:
if (!exec_msg('blah blah'))
{
	...dothis...
};
I was going to play around and see what return values get through,
but I thought first I'd look at the source code:

exec.c in modules/exec will return:
-1 if execution / pipe error
-1 if the execution works but returns a non-zero value
1 if the execution worked and returned a 0

My yacc is a bit rusty.

My question is this.  I would expect exec_msg() to return a 0
or a non-zero, but my examination of the exec.c file indicates
it can't return a zero.  That doesn't seem right, am I reading it wrong?
It seems to me that the expression !exec_msg() can never evaluate
to true, because exec_msg() can't return a 0.

---greg