[Serusers] DNS SRV RR : zone file: Help

Tom tom at sdf.com
Mon Apr 26 10:16:30 CEST 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Saber Fakih wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am have managed to create the zone file, (sipserver.ipaxiom.com) and have
> tried running the command
> as you can see u I do not get the answer from the server. I am may have done
> something wrong, I have included the sipserver.ipaxiom.com.zone file

  I don't think you have any delegation from ipaxiom.com to the
sipserver.ipaxiom.com zone.

  To me, it seems strange to even create a zone to hold the SRV records.
SRV records for SIP are the voice equivelent to MX records for e-mail.  Do
you force your users to use bob at mailserver.ipaxiom.com, or just
bob at ipaxiom.com?  Probably the later.  Why not the same for SIP?

> _sip._udp               SRV  0 0 5060   gateway.sipserver.ipaxiom.com.
> gateway         IN      A               81.86.193.8
> www             IN      CNAME           gateway.sipserver.ipaxiom.com.

Tom