[Serusers] multiple domains and pstn

Alan Litster alitster at telcoelectronics.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 11:32:49 CEST 2004

I am in the process of implementing a similar sort of thing except I'm using
RADIUS instead of MySQL for authentication.

I've found that some SIPUA will add the Remote-Party-ID field, and in this
case when you add an additional one the first
will take precedence. We have remote sip domains that use extension numbers,
and when they place calls out to the PSTN
via us we require them to present us with their PSTN number. This is taken
care of via the remote proxy by means of the
RPID attribute in the RADIUS database.
To remove an existing Remote-Party-ID header use the following

if (is_present_hf("Remote-Party-ID")) {
        remove_hf("Remote-Party-ID");
};
# Do the auth
append_rpid_hf();

An example RPID value would be
"01234567890" <sip:01234567890 at sip.mydomain.com>

Cisco provide some documentation on the matter
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122
t/122t13/ftsipext.htm

Regards,

Alan