[Serusers] Hunt Groups

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Sat Aug 7 16:01:16 CEST 2004

      On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Michael Shuler wrote:
    > How can one make SER do a simple hunt group than can be configured
    > dynamically through MySQL instead of through ser.conf?

I haven't done much practice however, if I understood the docs at all, you
can achieve this using failure_route and exec.  Whereby failure_route is
used when a call to the endpoint A times out (you set this timeout value,
again check the seruser.pdf doc on how to set this).

The 'exec' call should be used to obtain, dynamically the extension to
which the call should be forwarded from the failure_route section of your
config file.  The beauty of 'exec' is that you can give arguments to the
program you call thus making the process highly dynamic, depending on what
arguments you give the program you call.

I think this could work.  Let us know how it goes.  I'll also read up the
docs and see if it makes sense (the docs are not in my reach now).

Cheers!
Gerald.