[Serusers] NAT + Clients directly connected to SER

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Tue Aug 31 04:41:42 CEST 2004

Using ser 0.8.14 from cvs, I have a question regarding the example
nathelper.cfg file.  The file is in sip_router/etc/nathelper.cfg

         # !! Nathelper
         # Special handling for NATed clients; ....

I'd like to understand if clients are considered NATed in my
configuration.  I have ser running on the NAT box itself (FreeBSD
4.10-Stable).  There is one public address, and several private subnets.
  SER running on this box is the sip proxy for all clients on the
private subnets.

In this topology, would the UA's on the private subnets be considered
"NATed clients" and thus pass the nat_uac_test("3") test in this
nathelper.cfg file?  Or does this test only apply when NAT exists
between SER and the clients?

Thanks,
MikeC