[Serusers] using mediaproxy / nathelper depending on client and URI

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Aug 31 12:10:57 CEST 2004

Arne, you can employ some heuristic checks but is not possible to know
beforehand if a called party having multiple phones will answer with a
phone behind NAT or outside NAT just to give you an example of
situation when these checks will fail.

Adrian

Hello all,

I have done some test with the mediaproxy module.

My config is based upon the sample code supplied with mediaproxy.
This code sends all calls through the mediaproxy independent of if the
user is NATed.

I have made some changed to the ser.cfg by adding some client_nat_test
options on INVITE.

This works OK when the originating user is behind NAT -> mediaproxy is
used.
But if the originating user is public and calls a user behind NAT ->
audio problem.

I have searched the web + lists on how I can test if the uri is behind
a NAT en thus use mediaproxy / Nathelper.
I have also looked at config files for nathelper but it seems to have
the same limitations.

How should the ser.cfg be changed to enable mediaproxy / nathelper use
based on URI ?

Any ideas are welcome.

thanks,
Arne.