[Serusers] MediaProxy, RTPproxy

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 16:00:12 CET 2004

My understand is that it's simply two diffent approaches to solving the same problem -- NATed
clients.

I thought I read something a while ago that these projects probably shouldn't have been seperate
but rather merged or something because of all the confusion.

Fundamentally the biggest difference, AFAIK, is mediaproxy is written in Python and rtpproxy is
written in C. Also, rtpproxy isn't so nice when it comes to seeing exactly what it is doing
whereas mediaproxy is much more verbose.

Regards,
Paul

P.S. - I'm using rtpproxy and it works really well. I'm even routing my Asterisk voicemail traffic
through it.