[Serusers] SER + RADIUS

Lucas Aimaretto lucas at cyneric.com
Wed Dec 22 21:31:26 CET 2004

> Hello List,

Hello ...

> I'm trying to use RADIUS Auth, I followed the steps in Radius
> How to, but
> SER doesn't send requests to Radius (I saw in tcpdump) and it
> log this
> message rc_send_server: no reply from RADIUS server xxxxx...

- Mmmm, many steps ... First, make sure you've compiled your ser with
support for all modules (I did it that way and worked for me) ... At
compiling with support for all modules you won't fail, although you are
compiling modules you don't need.

make exclude_modules="" modules.

- Compile the radiusclient library. With the help of the Radius-HowTo
you should get that going. TAKE CARE WITH DICTIONARIES. You need to add
both dictionary.sip and dictionary.ser to your radius' dictionary.

- Be sure your radius supports digest authentication. With MD5, at
least, you're done ...

- Be sure to load the auth_radius.so module in the ser.cfg file.

loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth_radius.so"

- You might need to configure the auth_radius.so module ... This is my
configuration ... May need to vary something.

# -- RADIUS AUTH --
modparam("auth_radius", "radius_config", "/etc/radiusclient.conf")
modparam("auth_radius", "service_type", 15)

- Configure ser.cfg like this for doing authentication at REGISTER time

if (uri==myself)
        {

                if (method=="REGISTER")
                {