[Serusers] Re: register module max_contacts set via avpops

Jens Davidsen jensdavidsen at jellingnet.dk
Thu Dec 23 01:12:28 CET 2004

> The reason is quite simple:
>
> A business requirement for us is that a customer signs up for our service
for say US$29.99

> This US$29.99 entitles them to use **one** SIP phone and only one SIP
phone. They cannot use for
> instance a Grandstream BT100 at home and X-ten at work - that is without
paying for an additional
> "seat".
>
> So I'm looking to alter the subscriber table and add a "seats" column with
1 being the default and
> 0 meaning unlimited (which is the current ser default).

What if the guy hooks up his asterisk or other b2bua and shares out his
connection to his friends, and rest of the internet he wants to share with?

If you set max_contacts to one how will it work when phone reregisters and
old contact by accident is still not expired because of expire-timers not
hit yet? so still in memory though 'old'. - i didnt measure how early phones
reregisters in to the proxy - dont they usually do it a short time before
registration is set to expire?

Jens Davidsen