[Serusers] SIP gateway choice

Emmanuel Bergmans sip at perceval.net
Thu Feb 5 19:28:05 CET 2004

Hi,

Ulrich Abend wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we do not support freebsd yet, but as we support CAPI the porting should not
> be too hard.

Thanks. We will try CAPI.

> It is on the todo, but other things like stability are more important. Btw: Is
> linux such a bad choice?

Linux is not a bad choice but we are already managing a park of FreeBSD servers. It's mainly a question of internal
knowledge. We already got installation procedure, security procedures, backups, upgrade process, ... for FreeBSD.
Linux and FreeBSD are both Unix but the configuration to obtain a secure box is quite different.

Regards,

> Regards,
>
> Uli.
>
> On Friday 06 February 2004 08:57, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> > I am not sure about FreeBSD, I think we tested Fritz and Eicon cards
> > -- Uli will certainly tell you more.
> >
> > -jiri
> >
> > At 12:47 AM 2/6/2004, Emmanuel Bergmans wrote:
> > >Thanks.
> > >Did you already test in under FreeBSD and with which ISDN card?
> > >
> > >Emmanuel Bergmans

Perceval Helpdesk Team
helpdesk at perceval.net

Perceval Technologies sa/nv
Rue Tenbosch, 9
B-1000 Brussels
BELGIUM
Tel: +32-2-6409194
Fax: +32-2-6403154
E-mail for general information:         info at perceval.net
E-mail for technical information:       helpdesk at perceval.net

This e-mail message contains legally PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL
information intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, please notify the undersigned
by telephone or e-mail reply and destroy this message and any attachments.
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Perceval. The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed and it may
be subject to data corruption, interception, unauthorised amendment,
viruses and unforeseen delays, for which we accept no liability.