[Serusers] question about ser and vocal

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Thu Feb 26 23:27:44 CET 2004

  iPfone wrote:
> I need to set up a system to people register free sip adresses.
>
> The question is:
>
> Why do you use ser and not vocal?
>
> What are the diferences and vantages about vocal and ser?

Ive tested Vocal before trying SER and IMO the design of SER
is much better than the Vocal design. Vocal is a large and
monolithic beast whereas SER is slim, modular and extensible.

In addition it has built-in NAT and SQL-DB support which Vocal
only had in a beta-state the last time i looked at it.

But it all depends on what you exactly wanna do and which features
you need.

regards,

   Arnd