[Serusers] MySQL accounting question

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Fri Jan 9 19:31:27 CET 2004

jerk face wrote:

> I have successfully implemented accounting to syslog,
> but I would like to use MySQL to handle accounting.  I
> have read that # DEFS+=-DSQL_ACC must be uncommented
> for database logging to work, but I installed from
> RPM, how can I set up database accounting in this
> situation?

Its explained in the acc moduls README:

---
   You need to
   enable it by recompiling the module with properly set defines.
   Uncomment     the     SQL_ACC    and    RAD_ACC    lines    in
   modules/acc/Makefile. To compile SQL support, you need to have
   mysqlclient package on your system. To compile RADIUS support,
   you  need  to  have  radiusclient  installed  on  your  system
   (http://www.mcs-cityline.net/~lf/radius/).  The  radius client
   needs to be configured properly. To do so, use the template at
   etc/radiusclient.conf    and    make    sure   that   module's
   radius_config parameter points to its location. In particular,
   accounting  secret  must  match that one configured in server.
   Uses  along  with  FreeRadius (http://www.freeradius.org/) and
   Radiator  (http://www.open.com.au/radiator/) servers have been
   reported to us.

   Both  mysql and radius libraries must be dynamically linkable.
   You  need to configure your OS so that SER, when started, will
   find    them.   Typically,   you   do   so   by   manipulating
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable or condiguring ld.so.
---

further info is available in on the ser wiki pages.

-- Arnd