[Serusers] Configuring SER

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Mon Jan 12 17:47:48 CET 2004

> In 'SER HowTo' Manual, it's written to run ser_mysql.sh in order to
> create ser database. And then, you should be able to see ser tables and
> ther users 'ser' and 'serro' doing
> mysql> select * from user;
> mysql> show tables;
>
> Well, my problem is that I can see subscriber table, and add users with
> serctl command, but I can't see 'ser' and 'serro' users and I don't know
> whether this could be the problem.

I think you need to distinguish between users belonging to mysql and
ser. mysql users consist of a username/password combination you need to
connect to your database while the latter are kept in the subscriber
table which ser uses to authenticate user agents. Therefore not seeing
'ser' or 'serro' in the subscriber table does not pose a problem.

Thilo