[Serusers] voicemail config

Srbislav Cvetkovic srbislav at city-net.com
Mon Jan 12 20:57:06 CET 2004

Hi to all,

I am new to ser and sems. I was able to setup ser on openbsd and make a
call from one user agent to another. Then I installed sems and after
some playing around i was able to make it work with ser. However now
the call is being directed to my voicemail system and the phone does
not ring at all. Is there a setting that will allow me to set up the
number of rings before it gets redirected to my voicemail?
Below are my ser.cfg and sems.conf files.

I have mysql version of ser working.
Also there is one problem. I have no log files for some reason. From
the documentation that I 've read it says that it should be in system
log file. I have no system log file in /var/log . Isn't that strange? I
successfuly receive all of my voice messages though.

//////////////////////
ser.cfg

route{

         # initial sanity checks -- messages with
         # max_forwars==0, or excessively long requests
         if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                 sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                 break;
         };
         if (len_gt( max_len )) {
                 sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
                 break;
         };

         # we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
         # subsequent messages will go through our proxy; that's
         # particularly good if upstream and downstream entities
         # use different transport protocol
         record_route();
         # loose-route processing
         loose_route();

         # Make MSN Messenger happy...
         if (method=="REGISTER") {
                 sl_send_reply("200","ok");
                 break;
         };

         if (uri == myself) {

                if (method=="REGISTER") {

                 # Uncomment this if you want to use digest
authentication
                         if (!www_authorize("myhost.com", "subscriber"))
{
                                 www_challenge("myhost.com", "0");
                                 break;
                         };

                         save("location");
                         break;
                 };

                 /*
	      # if i comment this out then the call is being redirected to my
voicemail
	      # if it's not commented out, then I get 404 User Not Found error
while dialing
                 # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC
DB
                 if (!lookup("location")) {
                         sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
                         break;
                 };
                 */

                 # Voicemail specific configuration - begin

                 if(method=="ACK" || method=="INVITE" || method=="BYE"){

                         if(t_newtran()){

                                 t_reply("100","Trying -- just wait a
minute !");

                                 if(method=="INVITE"){
                                         log("**************** vm start
- begin *
*****************\n");

if(!vm("/tmp/am_fifo","voicemail")){
                                                 log("could not contact
the answe
r machine\n");
                                                 t_reply("500","could
not contact
  the answer machine");
                                         };
                                         log("**************** vm start
- end ***
***************\n");
                                         break;
                                 };

                                 if(method=="BYE"){
                                         log("**************** vm end -
begin ***
***************\n");
                                         if(!vm("/tmp/am_fifo","bye")){
                                                 log("could not contact
the answe
r machine\n");
                                                 t_reply("500","could
not contact
  the answer machine");
                                         };
                                         log("**************** vm end -
end *****
*************\n");
                                         break;
                                 };
                         }
                         else {
                              log("could not create new transaction\n");
                              sl_send_reply("500","could not create new
transacti
on");
                         };
                 };

                 # Voicemail specific configuration - end
         };

         # forward to current uri now; use stateful forwarding; that
         # works reliably even if we forward from TCP to UDP
         if (!t_relay()) {
                 sl_reply_error();
         };
}

////////////////////////
sems.conf

#
# sample configuration file
#
#
# whitespaces (spaces and tabs) are ignored
# comments start with a "#" and may be used inline
#
# example: option=value1, value2  # i like this option
#

##################################
# global parameters              #
##################################

# optional parameter: fork={yes|no}
#
# - specifies if sems should run in daemon mode (background)
fork=yes

# optional parameter: stderr={yes|no}
#
# - debug mode: do not fork and log to stderr
stderr=no

# optional parameter: loglevel={0|1|2|3}
#
# - sets log level (error=0, warning=1, info=2, debug=3)
loglevel=1

# optional parameter: fifo_name=<filename>
#
# - path and file name of our fifo file
fifo_name=/tmp/am_fifo

# optional parameter: ser_fifo_name=<filename>
#
# - path and file name of Ser's fifo file
ser_fifo_name=/tmp/ser_fifo

# optional parameter: plugin_path=<path>
#
# - sets the path to the plug-ins
# - may be absolute or relative to CWD
plugin_path=/usr/local/lib/sems/plug-in/

##################################
# voicemail specific parameters  #
##################################

# optional parameter: announce_path=<path>
#
# - sets the path where announce files are searched for
announce_path=/usr/local/lib/sems/audio/

# optional parameter: default_announce=<filename>
#
# - sets the name of the default announce WAV file
default_announce=default_en.wav

# optional parameter: max_record=<seconds>
#
# - maximum record time
max_record=30

# optional parameter: smtp_server=<hostname>
#
# - sets address of smtp server
smtp_server=localhost

# optional parameter: smtp_port=<port>
#
# - sets port of smtp server
smtp_port=25

Thanks,

  Srbo Cvetkovic                  | CityNet, Inc.
  srbo at city-net.com            | Pittsburgh, PA
  voice: 412.481.5406         | fax: 412.431.1315