[Serusers] Re: problem for using the latest pa module

Jamey Hicks jamey.hicks at hp.com
Wed Jan 21 19:24:26 CET 2004

Kevin Chu wrote:
> Hi Jamey,
>
> I am interested for testing the new extensions of the pa module from the
> latest
> unstable release. However, I got problem for configuring pa module.

I will check in a fix to prevent this segv.

> However, I don't know how to create the db for pa, I still can not get it
> running
> correctly.

I will add a pa.sql script for creating the tables.

> It will be appreciated if you can provide me some instructions or examples
> for
> creating the db as well as setting the new parameters (presentity_table,
> watcherinfo_table) and using the new commands.

The db_url is the same form as that of the usrloc db, e.g., mysql.

Here are the pa params I'm using now:
# -- pa params --
modparam("pa", "use_db", 1)
modparam("pa", "db_url", "mysql://ser:heslo@localhost/ser")

There is currently a problem that pa does not pick up basic presence
from ser itself, because it needs that info on a per contact basis,
which means some changes to usrloc.  I attempted that, but did not get
it working. Right now pa is depending on the UA or presence UA
PUBLISH'ing that info using application/cpim-pidf+xml format.

Here are routing rules for PUBLISH and SUBSCRIBE:
		if (method=="PUBLISH") {
		    if (!t_newtran()) {
		       log(1, "newtran error\n");
		       sl_reply_error();
		    };
		    handle_publish("registrar");
		    log(1,"handled publish\n");
		    break;
		};

		if (method=="SUBSCRIBE") {
		    if (!t_newtran()) {
		       log(1, "newtran error\n");
		       sl_reply_error();
		    };
		    log(1, "handling subscription\n");
		    handle_subscription("registrar");
		    log(1,"handled subscribe\n");
		    break;
		};

Another problem is that Windows Messenger does not like the notifies
that pa is sending.  If anyone has any ideas what is wrong I would like
to know about it.

I'm deploying this version of the PA at the Internet2 Joint Techs
Meeting in Hawaii next week as part of an Internet2 Presence Integrated
Communication working group demo.

-Jamey