[Serusers] SER + Proxy + NAT

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Jan 29 14:02:24 CET 2004

SER can be put inside the private network, but you will have to
configure your NAT to forward all the SIP traffic (port 5060) to the
machine running SER.

In addition to that you would have to forward some port numbers for
media to phones behind the NAT, for example 8000 -> IP of phone1, 8002
-> IP of phone 2, and so on.

Configuring ser for such operation is not easy, you would have to
rewrite the contents of SIP messages.

In conclusion, it can be done, but it is not trivial. Run SER in the
public internet if you can.

  Jan.