[Serusers] multi-homed router/nathelper - module mismatch

Jeremy M. Dolan jmd at pobox.com
Tue Jul 6 19:10:45 CEST 2004

Last Friday, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul was kind enough to point me in
the right direction regarding how to get an IP router for a 1918
network to properly route (and mangle) SIP requests:

> It seems you need an rtpproxy in the bridge mode. For this you need the
> nathelper modules from unstable and the latest rtpproxy (it won't work
> with ser 0.8.12 versions). You can just replace nathelper in 0.8.12 with
> the unstable nathelper and recompile.

First I tried simpling compiling the unstable CVS version, and
installing the nathelper.o into /usr/local/lib/ser/modules. This gave:

  0(26323) ERROR: module version mismatch for
  /usr/local/lib/ser/modules/nathelper-unstable.so; core: 0.8.12-1rc4;
  module: 0.8.13-dev-32-usrloc

Then I tried copying the whole modules/nathelper directory from the
unstable source tree, into an up-to-date 0.8.12 branch. After
installing this version of SER, I got a similar error:

  0(26339) ERROR: module version mismatch for
  /usr/local/lib/ser/modules/nathelper.so; core: 0.8.12-1rc4; module:
  0.8.12-1rc1

One's too new, one's too old, and I can't find where these version
numbers are even getting pulled into the object files from.

I hate to bug you all again, but there is NO documentation on any of
this, to my knowledge, and a search of the mailing list archives
turned up nada. What's the secret incantation to get unstable
nathelper and stable SER to play nicely together?

Thanks,
Jeremy