[Serusers] Loose Routing / Record-Route/Route Qeustions

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Wed Jul 14 16:34:50 CEST 2004

Hello,

i am currently trying to understand what exactly "loose routing"
is and what exactly "loose_route" does.

According to the admin manual and several postings from iptel.org
members on this this piece of code should be at the very top of
every routing script right after the sanity checks:

         # subsequent messages within a dialog should take the
         # path determined by record-routing
         if ( loose_route() ) {
                 t_relay();
                 break;
         };

AFAIK a proxy determines if a request should be "loose routed" by
looking at the "Record-Route"/"lr=on" option.

Questions:

If i have this statement bevore any authentication checks, dont i risk
to have an open relay? Its easy to append a "lr=on" to every request.

When exactly is "loose_route == TRUE" I cant find any real info about this
either in the admin doc, nor in the according modules README file.

I did understood what "Record-Route:" does, but what does "Route:" do i.e.
wheres the difference between both?!

Does every "subsequent" message belonging to a (statefull) sip call
get evaluatet in SERs main route block? (As long as its record-routed
off course and the proxy "sees" it).

best regards,

   Arnd