[Serusers] SER, ATA-186 & Cisco AS5300

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Mon Jun 21 11:57:11 CEST 2004

--On 19 June 2004 18:07 +0100 Linus Surguy <linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk>
wrote:

> I hope this is not an FAQ, I've tried searching the available info. Using
> Ser 0.8.12, Cisco AS5300 with IOS 12.3.6 & a ATA-186.
>
> ATA-186 (behind NAT) -> SER -> AS5300
>
> On the INVITE, we get:
>
> 10w6d: httpish_msg_process_network_msg: Content Length 261, Bytes
> Remaining 256
> 10w6d: HandleUdpSocketReads: SIP Message incomplete, trashed

If you are using Cisco NAT, I'd suggest sticking a sniffer either side of
it and checking it's not trashing things. The default Cisco NAT helper, at
least on some IOS versions, is less than helpful and trashes packets
(specifically truncated SIP_INFO packets so that their content length is
zero). This causes incomplete packets. Turning off nat-helper fixes this
(it is on by default).

Alex