[Serusers] slightly OT: client to work with SER

Jamey Hicks jamey.hicks at hp.com
Wed Jun 30 16:59:22 CEST 2004

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Jeff Harrington wrote:
>
>> All,
>>     I'm trying to find a decent client to use with SER.  The server
>> is all set up and clients can make/receive calls, but there are a few
>> options I would like to have.  I need clients for at least Mac and
>> Windows, preferably open source and relatively cheap.  I've tried
>> SJPhone, Xlite, Windows Messenger, and Mirial.  None of them will
>> pull down contacts that were set up on SERWEB when I register with my
>> SER server.
>

> I don't know any SIP-based client which is capable of fetching the
> buddy list from a server. Furthermore this is not supported by ser.

sipc from Columbia University supports an early draft of xcap for
managing buddy lists stored on the server.  I prototyped support for
that with a python xcap talking to the same database used by the ser
presence agent.  The xcap support will need significant work when the
next xcap internet-draft is available.

Jamey