[Serusers] SerWeb authentication fails, my confusion over domain/realm referenced in archives

Zeus Ng zeus.ng at isquare.com.au
Thu May 6 14:11:08 CEST 2004

See answer below.

By default, serweb expects your web server name, which is your hostname for
default apache installation, minus the www or sip part as your
default_domain.

So, if your hostname is boxb.lab, the parameters in the above line will
resolve to boxb.lab.

Since you are using SIP-PROXY.LAB as your SER domain, you should set the
line to:
$this->realm=$this->domainname=$this->default_domain="SIP-PROXY.LAB";

The other way is configure your apache to virtual host www.SIP-PROXY.LAB and
you do not need to do anything on serweb.

Zeus