[Serusers] Rewriting a "+" to 00 in a sip URL

Sean Boran sean at boran.com
Fri Nov 5 15:03:50 CET 2004

Perhaps a final Question on this topic?

How can I strip unwanted characters from the URL, e.g. spaces, "("  and the
like.
I seen the refernce to subst_uri and its "sed" like syntax.

But presumably I can't do something like:

	subst_uri('/[\(\ \)]//i')

I'd like to help user who paste tel numbers fro their outlook contas into a
sip phone, to that I receive urls like:

	sip:(031) 2616254 at myserver.com

and rewrite to
	sip:0312616254 at myserver.com