[Serusers] Re: FW: [Sip-implementors] Whitespace after value in SIP header field

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Tue Nov 16 22:13:45 CET 2004

I think the hole case is typical example of: "be liberal on what you receive,
but be strict on what you send". Thus IMO both implementations, the gateway
and the proxy, should be fixed.

Jiri: sure you can refer to the generic extension. That allows any header with
any value in a SIP message. But then you can not count on the rules any more
which apply only to the non-generic headers (here how to process the MF
header). Otherwise you would be allowed to put any content into any known
header.
But I agree that the RFC BNF should be extended to allow WS also at the end of
a line.
Sorry but I do not agree to implement a RFC compliance test which is IMHO not
covered by the RFC (yet).

Regards
  Nils